Long before autumn, owners of restaurants, sandwich shops and coffee joints start preparing their fall offerings. The arrival of autumn brings a shift in the food and beverage preferences of customers. As restaurant owners, the key to staying relevant and meeting these changing demands lies in offering seasonal menu items that are easy to prepare and serve. This article provides several ideas for quick-preparation foods and drinks for the fall, along with equipment recommendations for optimal storage and preparation.
Be sure to reach out to us here at Berlin’s Restaurant Supply if you have any equipment or smallwares needs to support your fall menu.
Quick-Preparation Fall Foods
Pumpkin Soup: This creamy, flavorful dish is the embodiment of autumn comfort. Speed up preparation by using pre-cut, frozen pumpkin or canned puree. To serve, garnish with a dollop of cream and a sprinkle of roasted pumpkin seeds.
– Equipment: Large soup pot, immersion blender, ladle, soup bowls. Refrigerated storage.
Roasted Root Vegetables: Utilize the bounty of fall’s harvest with a simple dish of roasted root vegetables. Opt for a blend of potatoes, carrots, parsnips, and beets. Toss with olive oil, salt, and pepper, then roast until tender and caramelized. Can also easily be made up into a sandwich that can be grilled to order.
– Equipment: Cutting board, chef’s knife, mixing bowls, sheet pans, oven. Grill or press for sandwiches. Refrigerated and dry storage.
Grilled Cheese and Tomato Soup: Nothing says comfort like this classic combo. Use high-quality cheeses and bread and consider adding gourmet twists like truffle oil or apple slices. Pair with a simple, flavorful tomato soup.
– Equipment: Griddle or skillet, soup pot, bowls, sandwich press for a crisp, even finish. Refrigerated and dry storage.
Apple Cider Donuts: These sweet treats are synonymous with fall. Mix up a batch of batter using apple cider, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Deep fry quickly for a crisp exterior and soft interior.
– Equipment: Mixer, donut cutter or molds, deep fryer, cooling racks. Refrigerated and dry storage.
Quick-Preparation Fall Drinks
Mulled Wine: This warming beverage is a fall staple. Begin with a quality red wine and infuse it with a blend of mulling spices. Offer it as a standalone beverage or as a complement to dessert.
– Equipment: Large pot or slow cooker for mulling, mugs or heatproof glasses for serving.
Pumpkin Spice Latte: This autumn favorite can be whipped up quickly using pre-made pumpkin spice syrup. Remember to top with whipped cream and a dash of cinnamon.
– Equipment: Espresso machine, steam wand for frothing milk, cups.
Apple Cider: Serve this fall classic either hot or cold. To speed up preparation, consider a high-quality pre-made cider that can be heated quickly or served over ice. It can also be blended with tea for a sweet change of flavor.
– Equipment: Large pot (for heating, if serving hot), cups or mugs.
Hot Chocolate with Marshmallows: For a comforting, nostalgic treat, offer rich hot chocolate topped with marshmallows. Use a premium cocoa mix to ensure quality and quick preparation.
– Equipment: Hot drink dispenser or large pot, cups or mugs. The key to swift preparation is efficiency. Make sure your kitchen is well-equipped and organized, allowing your staff to quickly access ingredients and equipment. Incorporate the warmth and comfort of autumn into your menu, and delight your customers with these quick and delicious fall food and drink offerings. Before you know it, fall will be